Top Reasons to Recruit Physicians During the Holidays
1. More than 25,000 resident and fellows are six months from completing their training and all will be looking for jobs.
2. As 2020 approaches, people re-evaluate their life situations and resolve to make changes.
3. While visiting family and friends, ties are renewed, and bonds strengthened. Moving closer to family may be in their thoughts during this season.
4. Potential candidates may have more free time because of the holidays which enables them to review the many opportunities that are available.
5. Candidates may work a vacation into their schedules and fall in love with a new location.
6. More than likely, you are aware of the 2020 medical staff plan and a budget has been approved, if you aren’t interviewing in November and December, you risk not hiring in January or February.
7. Practicing physicians may have more free time and can discreetly interview without disrupting their practice.
8. It may be an ideal time to include a potential candidate in the organization’s holiday festivities, so they have insight into the company culture.
9. Many candidates want to make a decision before 2020, so they can start the year in a less stressful manner.