We’re still here, ready to help. As a division of SCHA, Solvent Networks is committed to helping our hospitals and health systems respond to COVID-19. Please also continue to monitor SCHA’s COVID-19 webpage for the latest updates.
Teamwork Makes the Physician Placement Work During COVID-19
Every physician search is unique, but this one is especially inspiring. A western Kentucky hospital forged ahead during the pandemic knowing the need for a cardiologist would still be there when life returned to normal. Everyone involved adapted in real-time to create a virtual interview experience that would attract a top physician – and it worked. After a self-guided road trip and no onsite tour, the ideal candidate accepted the role. Read full article from Jackson Physician Search HERE.
Stericycle’s COVID-19 Knowledge Center
Given the high levels of demand, the useful information shared, and the positive reception received, the webinars hosted by Stericycle have been made available for anyone to view. We encourage all professionals in medical waste management, hospital administrators, healthcare providers and laboratories to access the webinars and the useful information provided.
- “Coronavirus Waste Management: Facts not Fear” was hosted on March 25th. In the webinar, experts discussed guidance on managing COVID-19 waste streams, key points from relevant agencies and trusted experts, and Stericycle’s COVID-19 waste management overview. View recording of webinar HERE.
- “COVID-19: Best Practices for Medical Waste Disposal” was hosted on April 29th. In this webinar, experts discussed what is considered medical waste and if all medical waste is regulated. This included how different states approach regulating this waste and best practices for handling medical waste during the COVID-19 pandemic. View recording of webinar HERE.
- “COVID-19: Compliance for Waste Generators” was hosted on May 20th in partnership with Waste 360. In this webinar, Selin Hoboy, Stericycle’s VP of Regulatory Affairs and Compliance, provided an update on the COVID-19 situation and Stericycle’s waste management plan. Learn also about personal protective equipment (PPE) and how workplaces will have to adapt as a result of the global pandemic. View recording of webinar HERE.
Visit Stericycle’s COVID-19 Knowledge Center for regular updates, training details, helpful links, documents, and guidance for Coronavirus waste disposal. It also contains information on how Stericycle plans to keep serving you reliably, including changes they are making to keep employees, customers, patients and our communities as safe as possible in the process.
Modern Practice Podcast
Modern Practice is your curbside consult with top clinicians from around the country. This exciting podcast series features medical experts sharing their ideas and approaches for the latest strategic trends and clinical challenges. Hosted by Dr. Tom Villanueva and brought to you by the Vizient Medical Leadership Team. Resent episodes include:
- The impact of COVID-19 on healthcare: Lessons learned
- Lessons learned in pharmacology
- The role of Patient and Family Councils (PFACs) in resuming elective procedures
- Guidance for resumption and management of electively scheduled surgery and procedures (ESS) in the COVID-19 era
- Electively scheduled surgeries and procedures (ESS) in the COVID-19 era: patient engagement needed
- Clinical workforce wellbeing: leading through COVID-19 and beyond
Listen in and follow the Modern Practice Podcast HERE.
Contact Solvent Networks to set up a meeting with any of our endorsed partners or SCHA corporate sponsors. We’re here for the health of your business.