Vizient Acquires Safe & Reliable Healthcare
Letter from Byron Jobe, President & CEO
Vizient has acquired Safe & Reliable Healthcare, a leading provider of high reliability services, with more than a decade of proven experience in transforming cultures to create resilience, enhance workforce engagement and accountability, and help healthcare organizations deliver consistently safer and more reliable patient care.
Vizient initiated a strategic partnership with Safe & Reliable Healthcare in August 2021, to launch our High Reliability Organization (HRO) solution, which quickly generated significant interest among members. Through our partnership, we have integrated our expertise and offerings to create the most comprehensive high reliability offering in the industry that will continue under the name Vizient Safe and Reliable Healthcare.
Today, Vizient’s acquisition of Safe & Reliable Healthcare advances our shared ability to provide a comprehensive solution for every phase of care:
• Enables us to fully integrate each organization’s capabilities to deliver a single, seamless high reliability offering
• Advances our reputation within the industry as the partner of choice in transforming healthcare organizations by eliminating variation while improving quality and culture
• Aligns with our growth strategy to develop new analytics-enabled services that bolster our growth and competitively position us in a critical space at a critical time
The Vizient Safe and Reliable Healthcare solution is grounded in the Framework for High Reliability Healthcare, an actionable roadmap for organizations based on their high reliability aspirations and maturity progression. The Framework helps transform cultures by developing leaders and teams, building improvement and sustainability infrastructures, and driving measurable clinical, operational and cultural improvement.
Through an integrated approach, providers benefit from:
• High reliability consulting and Academy training designed to advance high reliability principles and system concepts among healthcare leaders and the workforce at large.
• SCORE™, an integrated culture survey measuring safety, resiliency and burnout. SCORE is statistically validated, a Tier-1 Leapfrog survey and satisfies Magnet requirements. SCORE contains unparalleled culture data points for analysis against clinical and operational measures.
• Learning and Engagement System (LENS™), an electronic visual management and communication platform, giving leaders and front-line workers voice, visibility and ownership into performance towards goals, issues tracking and resolution and celebration of achievements.
• A comprehensive approach to building system-wide sustainable improvement infrastructures through management systems to achieve and sustain performance goals.
• Integrating SCORE data with Vizient’s industry-leading repository of clinical and operational data to generate unique insights into the correlations between culture and outcomes.
Patient safety leaders have long advocated systems thinking, leadership and culture as key to reducing medical error in healthcare. In fact, Lucian Leape, MD, the father of the patient safety movement, recognized S&R in his most recent book, “Making Healthcare Safe: The Story of the Patient Safety Movement,” published last year. He wrote: “On a national scale, the most comprehensive effort to date to change culture by developing organizational capacity and capability is a proprietary effort developed by Safe & Reliable Healthcare.” He went on to acknowledge specific initiatives S&R has implemented around culture measurement and transformation.
If you have any questions about the opportunities to unite expertise, analytics and technology and/or support your organization’s journey to deliver safe and reliable healthcare, please contact Jeneen Ablan, Strategic Affiliate Manager, at Jeneen_Ablan@vizientinc.com.